9 Reasons Why Females should do Strength Training
There is a lot of stigma around strength training for females. It is not uncommon to hear females saying lifting weights make them look bulky and like a man! To clear things up and give females real feedback on the benefits of strength training I decided to ask some of my female clients to list a few things they achieved from strength training.
If you are reading this it is possible you already know what strength training is, if not, here is a brief description. Strength training is using a variety of barbell, free weight and bodyweight exercises with the intent to produce more force and become stronger.
Feedback from Clients:
- It’s an ideal way to see progression and improvement without being a slave to the scales. You are able to track what weight you are lifting, number of reps completed and improve week on week. What a great way to push yourself and stay motivated.
- My body is more shaped and toned, especially shoulders, back and arms. I love putting on those strappy tops and no longer have bra bulge.
- I am more confident at the gym now and enjoy training rather than fearing the equipment and weights because I now know what I’m doing.
- Now I am building muscle I know my body is burning more calories at rest. If I have a bad food (and drink) week it doesn’t seem to effect my weight as drastically as before.
- I feel weirdly invincible when I’m lifting weights. I just put on my music, switch off from life and totally lose myself in my session.
- I no longer feel intimidated in the gym, and have come to realise that there is so much more than cardio machines and little dumbbells to play with – I now get way more out of my gym membership and its so much easier to mix up my training so I never get bored.
- As much as I love HIIT, since starting lifting weights my body shape has changed in a relatively short space of time. I look & feel more toned & shapely, dropping a dress size in the process.
- Lifting weights rather than hitting the treadmill daily, concentrates my mind & gives me headspace from the daily grind. Focussing on counting the number of reps & ensuring my technique is good forces out the stresses of my life as a busy working mum!
- My progress is tangible; increased number of reps & heavier weights all tell me I’m getting fitter & stronger… who doesn’t want that!
Please use the contact details below to get hold of me, or fill out the submission form shown.
Leave A Message
I look forward to introducing you to LRPT Fitness’s way of working and hope to build a lasting partnership with you soon…